December 9, 2008

Perfect Tribute

My grandmother's funeral yesterday was a perfect tribute to her life, and the kind of woman she was. She was generous, faithful, understanding, loving, and wise. She led my granddad to Christ 6 weeks after they were married and thanks to her sharing the word with him, he has been an elder in 4 churches they have attended (they moved a lot due to his job).

My mom and aunt both read very sweet poems at her service. My aunts was titled "The Dash." The poem was about the dash between the dates of your birth and death. What happened during that dash? Were you who you needed to be? Were you the kind of person that others admired? Did you make the dash mean something?

My grandmother's funeral had to be one of the easiest funerals for the preacher to prepare. There was not a question of the kind of woman she was. What she stood for, or whom she served. She was a blessing to all of us. I want my dash to mean something too!

What will your dash mean?

No comments: