December 2, 2008

Genetic Sarcasm

Is sarcasm genetic?

In college I would get a bad grade on a test and my parents would lecture me on what I needed to be doing and how I wasn't going to finish college with grades like that, etc. I would say "Are grades really going to matter when I get to Heaven?" They really couldn't argue with me so they would just glare at me in disgust.

Tonight while picking up the house, I asked Lily to help straighten the living room. She turned and looked at me and said "Mom do you want me to clean, or go to Heaven? Which is more important?"

My mom always used to say "I hope you get one just like you!" I think I know what she meant now!!!!

4 comments:

Gena said...

She going to keep you guys rolling I'm afraid. What a mini-me.

Heather said...

THat is hilarious! I can totally hear her saying that!

DetJessandalltherest said...

Ha! I got your message on my blog and I copied it in an email to Brian. It is good to "sorta" meet you too!

Your kids are ADORABLE....sarcasm and all :)

Julie said...

Andy has been driving me crazy to add your blog to ours...I love your blog..you crack me up!! I still tell people the story of when yall went to SD and Lily asked if that was where Dora was from!!!

Glad I can now come out of the "blog stalking closet"