December 4, 2008

Grandma

My mother called me about 45 minutes ago and told me my grandma, Anna Smith, had passed away. She said, "Well, she won the victory." She did win! She devoted her life to Christ and now she is in Heaven with Him.

When I hung up I was crying pretty hard and DJ wasn't here. We went through this with his grandmother about 5 months ago, so unfortunately this is all too familiar. Lily walked in and said, "Did Grandma Smith die?" I was still crying and said, "Yes Lily she did." She climbed in my lap and hugged me and said, "It's okay mom, don't cry we will see her again in Heaven. You have memories in your heart, that will always be with you!" How did my 5 year old get so smart? All I know is, she was right, and it's exactly what I needed to hear.

God is good all the time!

13 comments:

Micah and Tara Hobbs said...

Karyn - I am so sorry to hear about your grandmother. My dad's mom died the day before Thanksgiving and it was pretty hard. But I love knowing that she did everything she could to get to heaven!! Please let me know if you need anything!!

Gena said...

I'm so sorry, Karyn. We'll be praying for you guys.

Heather said...

I'm sorry Karyn!! We love you guys and are praying for you and your family.

Lesley said...

I am sorry Karyn!! Call me if you need anything! I love you!

Jill said...

It's always hard losing a grandparent, but it is comforting to know that they are not suffering any longer and are in a much better place. I will be praying for you and your family.

Holly said...

Karyn, I am sorry for your loss, but rejoicing with you that your grandmother is with Jesus. May the peace of God guide and keep you and your family.

The Davidsons said...

I'm praying for you and your family. Let me know if you need anything.

suzspeaks said...

Karyn, I'm so sorry. We'll be praying. I love the way Lily was able to comfort you...so precious!

DeeDee said...

Heu Karyn, so sorry that she paased away. I will be thinking about your whole family!

Nicole said...

WE are thinking and praying for you! Let me know if you need ANYTHING!!!

Renee Conley said...

I'm sorry! We love your family and will keep you in our prayers. It is so sweet and true what Lily said. Our children are a blessing.

Chellie said...

We will be praying for your family. I love how sweet Lily was to you, what a great kid.

rebeckaoneal said...

hey Karyn sorry to hear about your Grand mother i will be praying for you and your family please pass my love to your mother