April 29, 2008
Let me tell you why I could never be caught up in a "ranch" like this.....
1. Long sleeve dresses, to the ground, in Texas? Are you nuts? I sweat in sleeveless dresses!
2. A bun. I am not opposed to buns.....but I prefer cinnamon or hot crossed.....not on my head. Can you imagine the number of bobby pins used in that place? Was there a YFZ Ranch bobby pin factory next door?
3. Again, I love my own kids. But there were 77 kids UNDER THE AGE OF 2. Hmmmmm, no thank you. Have you smelled the baby hall after SonShine School???
4. I don't think flip flops are allowed. If you can't wear flip flops, I don't want to be a part of it.
5. Uh, can they use a microwave??
6. Lip gloss, can't leave home without it.
7. Only having to see your husband once a week...............uh, let's skip this one.
April 25, 2008
He gets brownie points. He usually doesn't. But he gets them today!
Last night, I was packing my bag for the gym, I try to go each morning and work out before work, leave at 5:40...it's GREAT! (Insert eye roll here!!) So around 10 PM last night, I go to iron my clothes. The iron is dead. Won't get hot. And we aren't these people who have ironed clothes ready, EVER! If you wanna wear it, you have to iron it. (And yes Nana I am well aware if I would get clothes out of the dryer in a timely manner they wouldn't be so wrinkled!)
So he says, "would you like me to go to Wal-Mart and buy an iron?" I said "that would be great!!" I lay down thinking I won't go to sleep while he's gone...WRONG! I was out. When I woke up, I found my clothes all ironed for me! Awwwwwwwwww....... And when I got in my truck, he got gas for me too!
It's been so long since I have used the Brownie Point system, I am unsure of the exchange rate. Guess I should research that!
April 24, 2008
April 23, 2008
I was shocked by these findings. I guess it's a big deal to some people. I am not sure I understand why. Is it because they are scared of germs? Is it because they don't want others to "hear" the deposit?
To me, if you "gots to go, you gots to go!" Why wait? You're just risking the safety of you and others around you. So to all of you that can't....I say YOU CAN!
April 21, 2008
April 18, 2008
Sorry, this is kinda deep for Friday morning!! The thought of Heaven is exciting to me, but I am very fearful of the unknown. So in some ways it's scary for me to think about. (And if you're close to me at all, you know I really don't like to talk about it much!!)
Last night my sweet girl said, "When will we go to Heaven mom?" I said, "I don't know Lily, when God invites us to be there." She said, "Oh I just can't wait to talk to Him! We will get to walk around the entire town in Heaven, it's going to be so neat!! We'll be there together with all our friends and family! I'm so excited!"
I am learning so much from her!
April 17, 2008
Last night at bed time, Addy was ticked. Screaming and crying. I gave her 5 minutes and then went in, I was getting her settled, and a little voice emerges from above...."Mom why does she have to cry so much? She's ANOINTING MY HEAD!" I was trying so hard not to roar with laughter. I said "She's what?" Frustrated she said, "She's anointing my head, her crying is anointing me."
April 16, 2008
April 15, 2008
We had Easter at my mom and dads this year. A lot of my dads family was there, and Dj's mom and her friend Pam joined us. Below is a picture of my cousin Jim's kids with my girls.