December 21, 2008

A little of this, and a little of that....

Lily had a gingerbread party at school on Friday. This is her gingerbread house. (You know in public school they can't have a Christmas party anymore, so it's a winter party...don't get me started on that!)

My favorite quote from Lily about the house was, "Mom, we can eat anything we want EXCEPT the graham crackers....they were hot glued together!" (Her teacher has done this long enough to know that when you give 22 kindergartner's a gingerbread house, it's easier if the thing is sturdy!) Nothing says yummy holiday treat like hot glue does!



What do you do when you have a house under construction at Christmas? You go to the Delta Cafe for lunch and act like their Christmas tree is yours! Nothing says white trash like taking your kids to a diner and having their picture taken by the tree in the lobby!


We had the "Utley" Christmas this weekend. My cousins both have 3 kids each, so when we are together there are 8 of them (six of them are girls!) We have done the math and in a few years we'll have two 16 year old girls, one 15 year old girl, two 14 years old girls and one 13 year old girl! Nothing says hormonal, emotional, miserable Christmas like that does!!!


4 comments:

Nicole said...

I love love love their dresses!!!
Have a Merry Christmas! Tell the girls we will miss them. I forgot to tell you that this morning when they got here I told them we were leaving and lily said "AWWW I am going to miss you guys so much." So sweet.

DetJessandalltherest said...

A Winter Party? Nooo! :)

Well, believe me, I understand the "construction Chritmas" - hang in there, it really is all worth it in the end....

Your girls are adorable!

ME said...

Love the Delta Cafe pic! Hilarious and oh so cute. I love their dresses!

Wa Wa Waughs said...

Now they'll want to go there every year to get their picture made! HA! Love those little dresses, by the way!