March 22, 2009

Random Thoughts....Sunday

I know it doesn't have the same ring as Random Thoughts Thursdays....but these thoughts are VERY random so it seemed fitting. Heck, I may use it every day.

Many people ask us, "Do you let your girls dress themselves? It helps with their creativity." Our response, "NO!" This is what we end up with....


We had open house at Lily's school, this is her with her teacher Mrs. Bigelow. We love Mrs. Bigelow, she's amazing and she's taught Lily so much.

Here is Lily with her good buddy Collin. We have known Collin's parents since the kids were born and they have done SonShine School together and it worked out that they got in the same kindergarten class. I am thankful she had at least one friendly face in kindergarten with her and I can't believe it's coming close to an end. Tearing up........


So our Spring Break consisted of work. (But that's better than some that were sick the entire time so I'm not complaining.) We did take Friday off and we headed to the zoo. It was a nice quick trip. We waited until the afternoon to go, so a lot of people had left. I did snap this picture of these snakes. Although we can't be 100% sure (I'm not trained in Zoology) but we think they were doing it. The girl snake just stared at me when I took the picture like "you sicko" and then I thought....this is odd that I'm taking a picture, but for the sake of this blog I did it. A woman walked up behind me and said (use your best hick accent) "Hey boys what's wrong wid dat snakeee, theres somethin rong he keeps shaking around.......oh wait.....nevermin I think I know what their doin' now." Then I turned around after taking the picture and she looked at me like...."you sicko". I guess that should have been the title of this post.


Here is Addy at the Zoo. We call this the "My mommy and daddy don't love me enough to buy me a $6 watery snow cone" face!


Finally this weekend we celebrated my Nana's birthday. Her birthday is today actually and....well...since she reads the blog....we'll just leave her age off. All of us went to eat (there were 22 of us) at Olive Garden yesterday and then everyone came to my house afterwards.


Happy Birthday Nana! I love you!

Here are the great grand kids watching her open a collage I made her with pictures of all of them. They liked finding the pictures of themselves!

Here are the girls with Nana & Papa at lunch today. I just loved this picture...and my hope is that Nana will remember this post ending with this sweet picture and not remember that I wrote about snakes "doing it" in the same post I wrote about her birthday celebration pictures! Love you Nana!

7 comments:

DetJessandalltherest said...

Yay for pictures! tutu's, snakes, nanna, snow cones, Olive Garden.

I love it!

vivian said...

Karyn,
Do you read the pioneer woman's blog? I thought of this the day after your birthday when you showed your camera. She does great tutorials on photography you might enjoy. I skip those but eat up the cooking lessons. :-)
Jane

Karla said...

One year when I took my first grade class on our annual field trip to the zoo all the turtles in the Galapagos exhibit were "doing it". Try explaining that sight to a bunch of curious 7 year olds!! The zoo is always full of fun surprises!
Karla

jeff and misty said...

stalking... but only to view the snake pic. ha! remember, don't click on my name in blue... it will get you nowhere!

Tabby said...

You set up such a cute table for the birthday. You're always a great hostess. :)
I miss you too!! Lunch this week??

Summer said...

two random thoughts posts is a row. you are so rebelious!

Jayspee27 said...

I loved this posting! It was hilarious! First, I don't know what you're talking about, the girls dress beautifully! he... do you think I could borrow a tu tu?

Snakes doing it... very educational. Fun, educational and family all wrapped into on post! See, it's perfect!