March 19, 2009

Random Thoughts Thursday

Yes, if she jumped off a bridge I probably would too. I'm either THAT impressionable, or just lazy enough to steal a perfectly good idea and call it my own. So here's MY random thoughts Thursday....

I got an amazing camera for my birthday. My boss and the sales guys at the office went in on it for me! I was so surprised. SHOCKED ACTUALLY, it was so sweet! I have taken some great pictures with it, but have absolutely NO idea how to get it from here...


to HERE. (Editors note: my camera is red.)

We went to the dentist today. Dr. Eliot in Edmond, highly recommend him. Lily, DJ and I all got a check-ups and cleaning. Lily was perfect, walked back and did great all by herself. When they were done they said "you can go back in the waiting room now" apparently she told the hygienist, "No thanks I'll just stay in this chair."

It's been too long since we've been to the dentist and I was fearful they would give me horrible news. I did have one small cavity so that was better than I thought, but she said I had mild gingivitis. Ewwwww. It sounds like something a 13 year old poodle has. I felt old. I said "Oh no, they have commercials about that, what does it mean?" She said "it means you don't floss enough." OH...well DUH! DJ, of course, has a million dollar smile and perfect healthy teeth. His parents should be proud their $4000 is paying off.

Getting ready for the dentist this morning the power in our neighborhood went off. I had dried the girls hair, and was in the process of drying mine when it went off. I threw the hair dryer down and went and lit a candle so we could finish getting ready. When I got home, 7 hours later.....our power was back ON! And guess what else? My hair dryer! Holy crap. I could have burned down my house. That possibly would have sucked more than gingivitis.

I have off work tomorrow. YEAH! I'm sure it will rain and snow, or something terrible...that's my luck.

Off to floss. My life is so sexy.

4 comments:

Gena said...

No, Dr. Eliot is so sexy. What a bad day for your blowdryer to not function. That's funny. He was known for being the good looking dentist/Dad in high school. You've gotta floss better for him next time.....PROMISE ME!

Lesley said...

I can help you transfer pics, so easy!

Michelle said...

Karen you are too funny, and I love these random thoughts!

I am so glad this motel (hotel on the sign, but it's a motel) has wi-fi. I can always use a good laugh reading these blogs :)

Chellie said...

I have that same camera if you need help...