March 31, 2009

If you don't, I don't care....I'll pull down your underwear!

WARNING: If you don't want to read about girls underwear don't read this post. On the other hand, if you enjoy reading about girls underwear.....please stop reading my blog all together. (Ewww....I'm now considering password protecting this site.)

We have struggled to find panties that fit Miss Lil. She picks and squirms and hates the fact that elastic rubs her legs. We've tried different sizes, styles, brands.....nothing works. Nothing! Then one day one of my best friends, Kate, says "you should let her try the style of panties I wear from American Eagle...they're GREAT!" At first I thought, "Whatever....panties made for a women....no way! She's five." I went to the store and looked at the size XS....

Exhibit A: The panties on the left are girls size 7 Camp Rock

Exhibit B: The panties on the right are ladies size XS from American Eagle

They are the same freakin' size!!!! Panties for a 6 year old and panties for 15-21 year olds are the same size!!! Really???? Now....I know some of you reading my blog probably WEAR those same size panties....please don't tell me! Let me live in denial for a while longer.

On a side note, the panties do work great for her, and fit perfectly. My only issue is that I am spending more on my 5 year olds underwear than I am spending on my own!

5 comments:

Jaime said...

So funny. Nothing in American Eagle is large. I hate those places because the sizing depresses me. All we know around here are batman and transformer undies. Glad she found some panties she likes...not an easy task!

Lesley said...

they do specials for 5/20. tell katie, she will get some for her and lilly at the same time. ugh

Gena said...

Seriously. There will be a size triple zero soon, I'm sure. Ridiculous. And they wonder why little girls are getting eating disorders younger and younger.......

DeeDee said...

I seriously don't think Gena has room to talk on this issue. Love you Gena!!

DeeDee said...

that may not have come out right. I meant that Gena is so slim that it makes us all jealous - ok, I feel better now!