May 19, 2009

Traveling for work....such a headache

I have to travel with my job about 3 times a year. Last week I flew to Phoenix. It's not like it was some fancy trip, but when you leave your family for any period of time it's hard.
Well.....
ya know, other than the 14th floor hotel room which I enjoyed alone. I had complete peace and quiet for 37.4 hours.

No one talked to me. No one asked me for milk. No one snarled their nose at my half burnt chicken casserole. No one tried to join me in my bath.
No one woke me up at 2 am because they needed help wiping their bottom. No one tried to join me in my 2nd bath! No one interrupted my reading. No one took the remote control from me. No one said "it's not fair".

Yep....it was pretty terrible being away.
When do I leave again?

4 comments:

Wa Wa Waughs said...

Wow...you are very fortunate to only "have" to travel a few times a year! Tough job!

DetJessandalltherest said...

Ha! I freakin' love it. Isn't it it grand? I hope you enjoyed your Phoenix trip - the weather should have been perfect right about now!

Wasn't it super freckin' fabulous to sprawl out on that bed?!?! That's what I'm sayin'.

Forgive me, I've had some wine.

Chrisie said...

Wow, I'm sorry you had such a bad time. Maybe I need to schedule a "work trip"... :-)

mallory said...

I will pay you to take me with you on your next trip, especially if it is soon!