May 10, 2009

Ode to Moms

Ode to my mom. Who never stops loving and never gives up. She has put up with my dad and me for way too long! She will receive many stars in her crown for that. Her love of others and caring spirit is seen by all that know her. She can write a sincere thank you note, or note of encouragement faster than you can tie your shoes! She would do absolutely anything for me & my girls, and she is always there to listen, laugh, cry, and help with anything...she's awesome. I love you Mom.

Ode to my mother-in-law. My mother-in-law loves life, and loves us! She's an encouragement to me always. I am blessed to have a MIL who truly cares about me and loves me. She's a great example of faith and a great friend! I love you Debi! (Oh and GiGi, please disregard the fact that Lily is flipping the camera off in the picture, I'm sure it was aimed at ME not you!)
Ode to my Grandmother. Grandma went to be with Jesus in December. My grandmother was a faithful woman and had a heart of gold. I miss her touch, smell, laugh....everything about her. My heart breaks not getting to spend Mother's Day with her, but thrilled to know she is sharing mother's day with her own mom in Heaven. I love you and miss you Grandma.

Ode to Nana. My Nana...there is no one like her! And no one makes brownie like her, no one! She loves to listen & laugh! She's a wonderful support to me and loves me always...well most of the time! I cherish the time I have been given and blessed to have her in my life. I love you Nana.


Ode to Grandma Johnson. Unfortunately I don't have a digital pic of Grandma Johnson. She went home to Heaven one year ago. She was an amazing woman who loved family, fun & food! She was one of the most creative people I know, so talented. I am blessed to have many items she made & painted over the years to pass down to my daughters. What a blessing. We miss you and love you Grandma Johnson.

I love you all. Thank you for impacting my life which makes me who I am today. I pray that my girls feel this way about me someday. Happy Mother's Day!


3 comments:

Wa Wa Waughs said...

I feel for certain there will be the same appreciation for you someday!

Elizabeth Mullins said...

Wow! What a blessing to have so many Mom's and Grandmom's who have made an impression on you. I know your girls will be saying so many good things about you too! Happy Mother's Day!

Gena said...

That is amazing. You have such a wonderful support system. Happy late Mother's Day!