May 25, 2009

Can You Feel the Love Tonight?

One of my b-day gifts from my parents was tickets to The Lion King!
My mom and I went on Saturday, and the show was awesome! I highly recommend it. Wow!!! I can't even begin to tell you what the best parts were, too many to list!

I have seen Phantom (twice), CATS, and Beauty & the Beast, but I really have wanted to see Lion King and Wicked for the longest time! (Wicked is in Tulsa in July....DJ if you read my blog that's a anniversary hint!)
Mom and I had a great time! We did of course get tickled in the bathroom when a 16 year old girl was attempting to sing "Can You Feel the Love Tonight"...I love when people go to shows and think they have the quality voice to replicate what they just heard! We were in stalls and my mom kept clearing her throat when the girl hit a bad note! I of course was crying in my stall and couldn't move for fear of belting out the ugliest laugh ever!



Another thing I can't stand is rude people in the Theatre. This isn't Tinsel Town folks, this is the Civic Center. This is a National Broadway touring group, have respect! I think Theatre etiquette should be offered for seniors in high school. It wouldn't be a class JUST dedicated to that, it would be a class called "Things I need to know how to do in the real world!" (I've thought about this a lot!) Girls would learn how to change tires, boys would learn how to use hampers and washers, all would learn how to balance a checkbook, how to write a thank you note, how to pay bills online, and then they would cover things like theatre etiquette too! I'm considering taking this idea to the State Board of Education! (It you think I'm kidding, I'm not!)

Thanks Mom (and Dad), I loved the show!!!!!!

3 comments:

Kayla said...

I was just starting to forget....until this........

Unknown said...

I missed Lion King but I already have tickets to Wicked on July 18! It's gonna be a girls weekend and I'm so excited!

Jayspee27 said...

I am SO jealous!!!! I have always wanted to see the Lion King too! I'm glad to hear it didn't let you down! I'm loving your hair btw! You look beautiful. And thanks for the Congrats. We're excited...I think.