May 14, 2009

The Randomness of Thursday

I ended my affair.

My affair with Diet Dr. Pepper.

We had a good 10 years together, but it was time for me to move on. I had been considering giving him up but just didn't have the will power. He listened, he understood me, he cared. I decided the day of the marathon to try to not to have one. I made it. Then when the headache came on Monday I was too sore to care! So it's been 18 days since I've had ANY caffeine! (But who's counting, right?)

I am reading The Shack. (I know it came out forever ago, but it was recently given to me.) I went to a girls night out a few weeks ago and came home at 10:30 (I know, wild and crazy night) and found DJ with the TV off reading! He had read the entire book that night. I knew it must be good. I took it with me to Phoenix on Tuesday and am over half way done, it's great so far. I can see how naysayers may disagree with it's biblical basis, BUT for me it makes my relationship with Christ more focused, more real. I don't know, it's been eye opening so far.

WOW that was really deep for a random thoughts post. My apologies!

Let's lighten this back up, Addy still likes to wear no panties occasionally. That's an issue we will tackle at a later time. Maybe around the time when I quit making my girls sit topless to eat spaghetti at the dinner table. (It's just easier that way.)

Lily graduates from kindergarten tonight. This baffles me. I remember when she started SonShine school. She was 18 months old, I watched that first graduating class at the program and I teared up. How quickly time has flown by. She is growing and changing each day. Changes that excite me and frighten me. Some days I wish she was swaddled in a cool cotton blanket, and I was rocking her to sleep.

3 comments:

The Seat House said...

Next you have to read "Same Kind of Different as Me" It might even be better then The Shack. See you tonight!

Chrisie said...

What a big life moment...Kindergarten graduation. Take lots of pics (I'm sure that goes without saying). I love reading your "randomness thursday" posts. I may to give them a try.

I make Cole eat spaghetti topless too! :-)

Unknown said...

I hear you about the kindergarten graduation. I teared up when i saw the sign on Lillian's school marquee and she's just in pre-K!