April 26, 2009

Walk on the WILD SIDE!

13.1

13.1

We walked 13.1 miles and it rocked!!!!! I mean minus the fact that I can't move without moaning a little...it was great. Renee, Shelley, Heather and I loved doing it. None of us ever thought, I can't go on....we just did it.


There are a lot of things to marathons I didn't know. Like these little chips on your shoes. Didn't know they tracked you. (We thought about heading into McDonald's on 23rd street, but knew big brother was watching.) Another funny thing that happened was us at the start line. They rank you, FAST in the front, walkers in the back. Well...we didn't make it to the back, so we were in the group of people running 8 minute miles!!! Uh hello! We ran for the first minute just so we wouldn't get trampled! Funny, but scary. Marathoners don't have a sense of humor at 6:30 AM!

OH YEAH THE FINISH LINE! It was awesome all the people who come out to cheer people on, just amazing. The half marathon is exhilarating, I can't imagine the people who do the full. They amaze me.


Dang it if Mandy didn't catch up to us! I really wanted to beat her, but I didn't. (Renee & Heather booked it to get there first! Not that we're racing!! ha ha)


And here we are at the end. I got a medal which made Lily happy! She couldn't understand why I would want to do something like that and NOT get a medal. It was a great experience.....we're hooked!Thanks Shel, Heather & Renee for helping me make it happen!!
13.1 in 3:43....ROCK ON!



8 comments:

Heather said...

IT WAS AWESOME!!! What a great feeling to finish--and in good time (for walkers!). I loved it, and thank you SO much for inviting me to try this with you. I'm so glad we did it--and surprisingly, can't wait to do it again!

Elizabeth Mullins said...

Way to go...now you have to sign up for your next one...maybe a whole marathon!

suzspeaks said...

I'm so proud of you girls! Maybe next time I won't chicken out!

Mandy said...

I'm so proud of you! Way to go!!

Wa Wa Waughs said...

It is addictive, isn't it? Glad you had fun!

Tabby said...

Awseome!

Julie said...

YOU GO GIRL!!! That is awesome!! Congrats!

Unknown said...

Congrats on your success! i would have to walk; the only way I would run would be if someone was chasing me! :)