April 9, 2009

Randomness

About 5 years ago I was leisurely strolling through Wal-Mart (I had a small baby then, when leisurely strolling was still an option) and I saw some PRE-FILLED Easter eggs. I thought to myself "how freakin lazy do you have to be to buy pre-filled eggs!" Last night.....in my heels, after being at work since 7:30 am (and up since 5 am) I rushed through Wal-Mart, grabbed my 5 year old out of the car (who had a notebook and was drawing while we walked through the store) and grabbed my 2 year old from her car seat. We rushed into the store to get the items we needed to fill our eggs.........those pre-filled eggs looked so tempting!!! So temping in fact, they were in the cart. The ONLY thing that changed my mind was I really didn't want to give candy out so......... I bought stickers and some eggs and we filled our sticker eggs at 9:15 last night.

On a side note, one sassy kindergartner in my house didn't think "sticker eggs" were cool. They got cooler when I got the trash can out and offered to throw them all way.

Owning your own business rocks. Taxes suck.

Addy turns 3 tomorrow. THREE. Oh how I dread the inevitable terrible threes phase. It sickens me to think about it. And...we can't just have a normal Dora party, she has to ask for a Swiper party. Swiper??? Really? Pick the evil, creepy character who steals from Dora. I am hoping this is not a sign of things to come.

I love Diet Dr. Pepper, but am fearful of the chemicals I am putting in my body. Not fearful enough to stop drinking it though.

4 comments:

Heather said...

I saw those pre-filled eggs too...but also did not buy them! And, I share your love of Diet Dr. Pepper...also wonder about the chemicals..and is it really 0 calories? Why am I not losing weight, then? Hmmmmm...

Gena said...

Seriously. Taxes. Ugh.

Alyssa said...

you are so funny. I like your randomness

Brook said...

Hey, I love reading your blog. It is always so funny! I usually just stalk and don't comment, but I was moved to on this particular subject. As a kindergarten teacher I think you should know how cool it is to have sticker eggs...at least the teacher thinks so!!! :)