April 14, 2009

Blogger Buddy Dinner

FIRST ORDER OF BUSINESS: I must clarify that I did NOT plan a dinner for all my blogging buddies. (Don't worry, I didn't lose your invitation!)

Here's how this all went down. The girl on the right is.....




Katie. She has known my husband since their old San Diego days. Her older brother Andy (pictured below) played baseball with DJ and then came to OC to play as well!

So one day I am blog stalking and I find Andy's wife page (pictured below on the far right.) Her name is Julie and I loved her blog even though I didn't know her! So.....

as I stalked Julie's page, I found a familiar name....Det. DJ had a baseball buddy we called Det which was short for Determan. It was him. Well it was his wife!!! I didn't know her either but her blog was GREAT! I stalked them both for weeks before I commented on their pages. I finally got to meet them!
This is Jess....
(Random pic of the boys!) Hang in there, I'm finishing the story....


So, since I heard that Andy and Julie were coming to town, I thought....hmmmmmm...maybe we could get together so I could get to know Julie and actually meet Jess! It happened, and it was GREAT! Other friends of theirs came as well...so it worked out perfectly. I made Proctor come with me too and I have begged her to start a blog called "Confessions of a Hair Dresser!" (Wouldn't YOU read it???)
So I got to meet those I had stalked. It was delightful and fulfilling....and possibly creepy for them, oh well. It was fun. So my advice is, if you stalk....TALK. Make a comment on their page! You might actually form a friendship with the person. Worst case, they'll get a restraining order.

6 comments:

Amy said...

Karyn, what is the girl's name that is in the pic with Katie??? Ugh, it's driving me crazy that I cannot remember!!

Julie said...

Great post Karyn! You beat me to it...look for mine later this week.

Oh and Amy, that is Melissa, Matt Gibson's wife in the pic with Katie.

kj said...

Amy....it's Melissa Gibson

Michelle said...

I agree that Katie should start that blog....I would totally read it....only if she'll cut my son's hair....

Mandy said...

I would read Confessions of a hairdresser. I don't spend enough time on my computer as it is. ; )
Funny, the word I have to type for word verification is waxeses.

Unknown said...

Wish we could have made it! Weeknight things don't work with my life these days!