January 14, 2009

Tales from the Scales

Today was weigh day. I went back, and stepped on that scale. I was nervous and excited. Nervous because I've done this before and know some weeks you can do everything right and your body doesn't respond, and excited because I had eaten so great and felt so wonderful! One huge step for me this week was that I actually COOKED at home instead of eating out! We have always eaten out on the weekends, but since September we have eaten out during the week a LOT!! It was hurting us financially and I was feeling the physical burden as well.

I was thrilled stepping off that scale and seeing I had lost 4.2 pounds!!! To break that down into something I can grab hold of....that's a little over 16 STICKS of butter that have dropped off my bongos!

13 comments:

DeeDee said...

great job Karyn!

vivian said...

that just made me happy!

Lesley said...

you ROCK!!!!! ATTA GIRL

Gena said...

That is so funny. I'm laughing right now. That's a heckofa lotta butter. Good going!

Holly said...

Awesome!

Heather said...

Love the bongo's comment at the end--and that's great! Keep it up..I'm signing up at WW tomorrow morning. Wish me luck!

Audrey said...

WooHoo! Well done!

Nicole said...

That's a great way to look at it! Great job!!!

DetJessandalltherest said...

Yay! Good for you!!

Wa Wa Waughs said...

A little success goes a long way - CONGRATS!

Micah and Tara Hobbs said...

Yee Haw!! I am so excited for you!! I just started working out last week. I had a pair of jeans that I intentionally bought a size smaller (which is what I wore before Kaison even existed) and my goal is to get into them SOON!! It is inspiring to hear other's stories. Now if I could get the cooking thing down!!

Renee Conley said...

Keep up the good work. You can do it girl!!

Jayspee27 said...

KARYN! Okay, first of all, you have a blog too! I'm excited to get to read what I have been missing in your life! Secondly, CONGRATULATIONS!!That is just so so great! I have been scared to go back to my WW meetings since the holidays, but I know I'm gonna have to and you have inspired me to get back in the game! I'm so proud of you and Congrats again! YOU GO GIRL!