January 9, 2009

Oh NUTS!!

We play the bongos! Yes that's right, we're all musicians. Only our "bongos" are butt cheeks. (Classy, right? I can only pray my girls never decide to be percussionists!!!)

A few minutes ago I was holding Addy and I pulled her pants down and started to play the bongos. We were all laughing and then Lily said, "Dad we've never seen your bongos!!!! We never get to play your bongos!" DJ replies "There's a reason for that kid!" Then without missing a beat she said "But we have seen your NUT!" HOLD UP!!!! "What did you say, his what? You've seen his what???" (DJ is trying to pull himself together and wipe up the coke he just spewed across the room and I'm trying to figure out where she's heard about nuts...and then it hits me...oh she means...) "You know dad your peanut!" (She confuses the word peni$ for peanut, which I am completely fine with!!)

So, in closing, I'm thinking to myself........should I really post this on my blog? Do DHS workers filter blog spot posts? My Nana's gonna read this!! I am confessing to the world I play my children's rear-ends like small leather covered drums. And then I think.....ehhh, if you don't like it you can kiss my bongos! ; )

8 comments:

Gena said...

I will quote my husband...."That is hilarious!" So, there you have it. That's really funny.

Audrey said...

That made me laugh out loud. I've got some funny stories about nuts like when my son discovered his. Hilarious!

Holly said...

Jason and I are laughing out loud.

Elizabeth Mullins said...

That was GREAT! Thanks for giving me a good laugh!

Renee Conley said...

I am laughing my bongos off!!! I love your honesty.

ME said...

I'm crying! DJ should be flattered being compared to a peanut and all :) Gotta love the bongos! Just do it Matthew McConaughey style...get tribal with it.

Kayla said...

Thank you so much for your blog...Wes and I were trying to think of a couple fun things to do the next couple of evenings...!

jenn b said...

Speaking of cleaning up spewed coke... that is hilarious!