January 6, 2009

Confessions of the drive-thru junkie, candy bar eatin, potato chip Princess

This will be my book title in a few years....just wait!!

If you know me, you know I've done Weight Watchers! My dream job would be to be a Weight Watchers leader and help people break barriers and break the cycle of being overweight. But.....apparently WW thinks you should actually be at your goal weight to do that! (Jerks!) ; )

Saturday night, I wanted pizza so we ran through and got Hideaway (best pizza EVER) and when we walked in, there was my old WW leader! It wouldn't have been a big deal, if I would have been there with the intentions to eat one slice with some salad, but you know that wasn't my intention!

I've talked about "getting back to goal" for almost 3 years now! I've said "I'm gonna get serious! I'm gonna do it! I will lose 33 pounds by the time I turn 33." But.... I've done nothing! I've talked the talk, but I ain't walking the walk. I work out almost each morning which is HALF the battle, and I am proud of myself for that (and know that's what has kept me from gaining more weight), but the choices I make on what I eat are terrible! Poor eating habits are a learned behavior, and I feel like I am teaching my girls habits that will haunt them the rest of their lives. I can not do that to them!! I want to break the cycle.

I figured that I have joined WW over 10 times! I came within FIVE POUNDS of my goal when I found out I was pregnant with Addy. And the rest....well....is NOT history. I have to do it! I have to do it for me, and my health, but I also have to do it for those two little girls who look up to me, and watch every move I make.

So tomorrow I will walk back in those doors. I'll climb up on that cold metal scale and face the music. And I'm not stopping until the fat lady.....until the SLIM LADY SINGS!!!

8 comments:

Amanda said...

Hi, found your blog though Det, Jess.
Seems like WW is spreading like wildfire. Jess, Tami and I are all counting points!!

DetJessandalltherest said...

Good LUCK! Good LUCK! I'm cheering you on every step of the way. Sounds like you got it down ... I'll be thinking of you when I'm FREAKING hungry - knowing I am so NOT alone :)

Summer said...

I love you and am behind you all the way, although I think you are beautiful just the way you are!

Lesley said...

I agree with Summer! I love YOU! I am fighting with you!! You can do it!

Holly said...

My mom and I are doing WW on our own...weigh-ins every Monday at our office.

I have to get back to 1/2 marathon training with Renee. it is just too darn cold and I am too cheap to get a gym membership. I am praying for a treadmill.

Love and prayers for sucess.

P.S.- your old leader was at Hideaway, but did she REALLY only have ONE peice?

Audrey said...

You can do it! I'm within 9 lbs of my goal and I'm doing it this year. Hang in there. "Nothing tastes as good as being thin feels". I love that quote from my WW leader.

Nicole said...

Yes you can do it!! WE are all right there with you! I am 50 pounds from my goal weight so it will take a while but a lot of us are in the same boat and are doing the same thing. We can all encourage each other to do better!!

Micah and Tara Hobbs said...

You sound like you have enough motivation to get you there!! You will be the next weight watchers leader before you know it!!