January 12, 2009

Sexy Job??

I didn't go to college to be an executive assistant. I actually got a degree in PR and my first job out of college was at a bank. One of the execs needed an assistant and I interviewed, the rest is history! I worked for him for 8 years, and then our department got transferred to Dallas. When that ended I had to decide, do I still want to do this exec assistant gig, or use my degree, and I did what was logical....I picked which made more money! DUH! I didn't know until NOW that I have a "sexy job" , lucky me!! ; )

I found this article today on MSN....

Depending on where you work and whom you work with, the words "sexy" and "job" shouldn't share a sentence. Even if you check all romantic notions at the door when you punch your time card, not everyone does. Plenty of people are just as attractive as -- or more attractive than -- the profession they choose. Not just the obvious picks, such as athletes, doctors or models, but also some whose attractive quotients rise when they're on the clock. Here are 10 careers that have more sex appeal than you probably realize:
1.
Administrative assistants When you visit almost any workplace, a smiling administrative assistant greets you. Very often you don't know if you're in the right place, whom you need to speak with or even what you need to do. Administrative assistants know the answers and, because they're your first points of contact, they have to be well-groomed and kind to visitors. Knowledge, good looks, a nice personality and helpfulness? Yes, please. And since they frequently work closely with high-level executives who value their opinions, they often possess a hidden but large cache of power. Administrative assistants pretty much have the whole package.

Hmmmmmmmmm......well okay then! I guess if their definition of "sexy" is; kicks the printer when it jams, yells at people for not being at meetings on time, says to customers in a very sweet sappy voice " oh sure, thanks so much for calling" and then slams down the phone and says "I hate you", sprays Lysol around the 1st floor after all these stinky boys have had lunch, mutters the phrase "I'm not your freakin' mother" every time I load the dishwasher in the break room......then they're right, I AM SEXY!!!

2 comments:

DetJessandalltherest said...

Well, then! I can see some truth to that - you know, my good friend/"soul sister", The Potato Queen is an administrative assistent too! I have to say, there are some perks for the BFF's, as well, being so close to someone in the know. (wink)

She actually just landed a job at the real estate development firm working on Devon.

Tabby said...

Well, when you do all that looking like you do, it IS sexy, my dear. :)
You do a faboulus job. And sexy or not, no one could do it as good as you.