February 27, 2009

Ramblings of a Soccer Mom

I had a big meeting at work today. I got to work early and worked late. I was pooped when I left. The sitter's husband was kind enough to drop off my girls with DJ at the house he was working at. I rushed to get them so he could finish working.

I arrived at 5:30, grabbed the girls and ran to Homeland. I hate that store, but I needed team snacks for Lily's first ever PINK PANTHERS soccer game tomorrow morning. We picked out the snacks; oranges, Scooby Doo crackers, and Capri Suns. That totalled up to $25!!!! Seriously!?!? (Yet another reason why I hate that store! But I just didn't have the energy to go to Target or Walmart!)

Then I took the two rug-rats to Academy to buy Lily new soccer cleats. I am sure people cringed as I walked in and Addy was screaming "Mama, I want a cart, my yegs are hurting!!" I don't give in to the shopping cart plea, I'm on a mission. We finally find some PINK cleats that fit (God forbid we buy cleats that aren't pink!) We also found her a new soccer ball, the correct size she needed (I didn't even know soccer balls came in different sizes.) We check out. We got all that we needed. Victory!!! We are officially ready for the first game.

I was relieved to get home. My hubby beat me here and had a fire lit, it was nice. I fell into the chair and checked my email. There was one lone email in my mail box that read........GAME CANCELLED.

8 comments:

Sarah said...

and I love you!

Holly said...

Oh, no!

At least you are ready for the next game!

Lesley said...

ohhhh Karyn!

DetJessandalltherest said...

Typical, right! I feel ya on Homeland.

Yes! I need any and all tips (wink). Talk to me.

Gena said...

Be thankful. It's like 2 degrees outside. Just go grab a doughnut and kick up your feet! We've done the doughnuts, and I'm on to the feet.......

Wa Wa Waughs said...

That's life! Just try to be thankful! It's like, ALWAYS, 10 degrees colder than the rest of Edmond at ESC! I spent many cold games in the car, honking when we scored, and about embarrassed my daughter to death! :)

Michelle said...

Oh my word! I was thinking the whole time how cold you would be this morning....then I got to the last line! Your lucky you found what you needed, we've waited before and had no luck :)

Nicole said...

NO way? Are you kidding me??? I guess we have to start getting used to that kind of thing:) SO sorry! I know how hard your day was and Robert did not mind at all he told me! I hope you have a realxing sat! And I agree with the other girls. It is COLD! and WINDY!!!