February 24, 2009

Love & Logic

Well last night we finished Love & Logic. Wow! I can't say enough good things about our L&L instructor Karla! She's real and tells it like it is, which I love. I love her passion and personality. She's great! (If you go to church with me and hear that Karla is offering this class again you NEED to take it!)


If you are a parent (or teacher for that mater) and you haven't checked into Love & Logic, YOU NEED TO!!!

Our parenting style has changed over the last 6 weeks and our kids have too...all for the better! We have seen a huge change in.... all of us! My mom told me about L&L about a year ago (she's been a teacher for 30 years and used L&L a lot!) I didn't realize until I took the class that she actually used this crap on me! ; )

I know you'll be shocked to hear this, but apparently I'm controlling! Who knew? (Can you hear the sarcasm?) I yell a lot, and if things aren't going the way I think they should be I yell louder! It wasn't working and now it makes sense why. Also, DJ has the girls in the mornings (since I go to the gym and to work from there). He's a great dad, but he's NOT a morning person! He has to wake up two little emotional girls and get them ready for the day....it was a nightmare! He would call me angry most mornings after dropping them off. L&L has changed that! It's changed his attitude and changed their environment, which has changed the girls moods and made mornings better for everyone!

It's hard work, I won't lie! But it's worth it. I want loving, responsible children but MORE importantly I want them to grow up to be loving, responsible women!

2 comments:

Jaime said...

I have read parts of the book, but haven't finished it all yet. I love it and it has changed things in my parenting as well. I wish I had a class at church to accompany the reading...very cool! OH- and I love your new blog look.

Lesley said...

Your girls are blessed to have you and DJ as parents. They will grow up GREAT because of how much you all love them! They are some of the best kids I know!