February 17, 2009

Happy Birthday Grandma!

My grandmother passed away in December, and today she would have celebrated her birthday.

I heard a wonderful idea that I decided to copy! (Thanks Chiara!) I wish I would have known about it for Damon's grandmothers b-day, we will do it for her birthday in November!

Today we purchased birthday balloons for my Grandma...



We wrote a note on each of them "To our Grandma Smith, we love you and miss you!"

And we let them go into Heaven....
Happy Birthday Grandma! We know your celebration in Heaven is better than any birthday party here on earth could be! We love you!

4 comments:

suzspeaks said...

that is so sweet!

Chellie said...

What a sweet idea!! I wish I had heard it earlier. My grandma's birthday would have been Monday and this would have been wonderful!

The Davidsons said...

I have to give credit to my sister for this idea! Looks they had lots of fun.

Julie said...

What a great idea! Love it!