June 27, 2009

You just can't find good help these days!

So I start my new job on Monday (woo-hoo...I think) and I had a few days off this week. Yesterday I decided to tag along and help my wonderful husband for the day! Hmmmmm...there's a lot more to DJ's Custom Tile than I realized!



We picked up tile and were sweating before 9:30....I wasn't even lifting the tile and I was sweating! I only like to sweat when I'm working out so it was challenging for me! (That sounded a little divaish, didn't it? Sorry.)


He did some of this....

I did some of this.....


SERIOUSLY FOLKS I did use the tile saw! I was pumped. I cut about 20 tiles and was thrilled with my craftsmanship. Then as he was laying them I said "Hey... wait a minute, the tiles I cut are going to be hidden by the tiles your gonna put on the wall!" He said, "yep!" All that hard work for nothin'!



I did clean out his trailer for him, and watched 14 minutes of General Hospital! Shhhhh!!!!!! That's our little secret.




We also ate in DJ's Custom Tile fashion...at Freddy's Frozen Custard. I couldn't work for him everyday, I'd be huge...but it was good! We shared some chili fries, and it cracked me up that he didn't get the cheese on them....he said "Yeah when I get the cheese I feel like it slows me down in the afternoon!" HA HA Ya think it's the cheese? Maybe it's that double steakburger, chili fries and Heath bar ice cream....I don't know though, that's just a guess.




Overall it was a GREAT day!

We had so much fun and laughed a lot....well he laughed at me a lot, but still a GREAT day.


9 comments:

suzspeaks said...

what great bonding time!!

Kayla said...

aww how fun! I'll be posting my bathroom pics soon! unfortunately I still haven't finished painting!

Alyssa said...

Diva,
You cut TILE today! Wow! And I didn't hear you whining about internet service in your castle either.

Lesley said...

love that last pic!!! its good to see what our spouses do everyday! good job!

Gena said...

What a trooper. I'm sure be enjoyed having you tag along. I'm sure you were a GREAT help. ;)

DetJessandalltherest said...

I love that last picture of you two!

Julie said...

Great pic of the two of you! Love it!

The Seat House said...

love it, love it, love it!

Wa Wa Waughs said...

good for you!