November 5, 2008

Take a WALK on the wild side!

Calling all walkers.....

I have always wanted to do this, but have decided this year to make it happen. I am going to walk in the OKC MEMORIAL HALF MARATHON! It's 13.1 miles and I want to form a team to walk together!!!!

This is how it will work. A registration fee of $50 per person is due by Dec 31st. We would all "train" on our own by walking during the week. (You can find training guides online.) Then we would meet together as a GROUP once a month to walk. I don't have the exact dates yet, but we more than likely would meet EARLY on Saturday mornings or Sunday mornings, and we would walk at both Hafer Park and Lake Hefner.

As a group we would meet once a month and walk:

Nov 4 miles
Dec 5 miles
Jan 6 miles
Feb 8 miles
March 10 miles
April 4 miles
April 26th - 6:30 AM THE MARATHON

This is for people who want to commit to something and take on a challenge for themselves. If you're going to whine your way through it and gripe, please don't sign up. I want this to be a positive experience for everyone, and I want us to enjoy doing something to better ourselves.

Invite others to join, anyone is welcome! Email me with questions!

I'm excited and I know TOGETHER we can do it!!!!

10 comments:

Summer said...

ok, i think i'm in. i think...i'm scared but i think i can do it.

kj said...

well girl i'm scared too!!! freaked out! worried! BUT I know we can do it!

The Seat House said...

would love to but i have gone completly crazy and already agreed to run the 1/2 marathon....ahhhh!

Renee Conley said...

I am totally on board. A little nervous, but we all need a good challenge.

kj said...

I'm nervous too, but it a good nervous. I talked to Mandy tonight and her sis Emily has done them. She said Emily can do it in about 3.5 hours. I think it will be hard work and long and we will be worn out, but think of how great we will feel when we are done! What an accomplishment!!! Glad you're on board!

Heather said...

I am in! It'll be fun as a group.

Micah and Tara Hobbs said...

Okay, so I want to do it. I feel crazy for saying that. I don't walk that far for nothin'. My uncle is coming up from Austin to run the marathon, so I'll show some support and walk the half. He will defintely finish before me too!

Holly said...

Renee may have just talked me into giving it a go...just give me a few days, before I commit!

kj said...

Girls, girls, girls...we CAN do this! I'm excited about it, scared too, but MORE excited! We have about 16 in our group. I think if we stay together we could rotate each mile and you would walk with someone new for a mile, each mile. That would keep it fun and we could talk to someone different and get to know new people! I thinks it's going to be GREAT!

Holly said...

Ok, I am in. And so is my Hubby - not for our monthly walks of course. I am excited. We can do all things through Christ who strengthens us!