November 4, 2008

Exercise your right to...boat?

Leaving school today I told the girls "We are going to vote!" Addy said "We go on a boat? I want daddeeee on da boat wid me!" I was scrambling to try to clear up the misunderstanding before we had a 2 year old melt down..."NO, no, no boat, we're going to VOTE!" She wasn't thrilled..."No I go on boat!" I voted 20 minutes ago and she's still talking about the boat.

On another voting note....we walked into the assisted living building where I vote and it's huge and has white pillars. Lily said "Oh you vote at the White House!" I just laughed, "No Lily, this isn't the White House." Then inside, we were in line and I told them to be quiet. Lily leaned over and said "Where's the president???"

I'm just glad to be done with voting, and will still be praying for our country tonight!

4 comments:

Summer said...

hahahahaha. Did you have to wait an hour and a half like I did?

kj said...

5 min...in and out! ; ) Sorry!!!!

Gena said...

Amen sista. And I only had to wait 5 minutes, too.

jenn b said...

that stinks, do you "boat" at Epworth? We used to then they moved us to St Elijahs. I waited 2 hours and 15 minutes last night!!! Sounds like they need to spread people out better!