July 21, 2008

Prayers...

My children need your prayers. Did you see me at church last night with them? If you did, you should have started praying then!!! This is how it went down...
Went to church alone (DJ was working.) Girls had slept a lot yesterday afternoon, maybe too much! Got dressed, went to church.
Girls were okay heading to church, but then something happened. Something EVIL!!!! We didn't have bible safari, which is never good! Addy got away from me while we were singing and darted behind the pew. I grabbed her, and got her back at our pew. Well, then she was just mad. She tried to crawl under the pew to escape. I grabbed her chubby little legs and pulled her back.
Well, then she was REALLY MAD!! Then the screaming starts. I get our things, get Lily, tell her to go sit with my mom & dad. I have my hand over Addy's mouth as she is kicking, screaming and arching her back. As I am leaving I see Lily running behind me crying saying "Don't leave me, I want to stay with you!" REALLY??? I'm one of these mothers now that causes a huge scene and people are pointing and whispering....
"Oh poor thing, she has no control!"
"Where is their dad? They never act like that for him!"
"I bet she doesn't spank, that is what's wrong with kids today, their not spanked enough."
"I think their mother has issues, so you can't blame them for their behavior".
"Oh, that's why they help with Bible Safari, their kids are horrible!"
I was humilated! On my top 10 most embarrasing church moments it ranks at #2. (Only to be outdone by #1 which was getting my skirt caught in my panties when I was 13 and walking infront of the high school boys at a church potluck!)


5 comments:

DeeDee said...

AWE Karyn, I am sorry it was so rough for you last night. I wasn't too far behind you in the auditorium and I didn't notice anything until you got up. Like I said to you after church I thought that Addy was sick by the way you were carrying her out. No one would ever think those things you mentioned.

Gena said...

Girl, we've all been there. Anyone that hasn't either doesn't have kids, or the ones they do have are genetically altered or something.

Nicole said...

We all understand! I feel that way quite often:)

Nicole said...

We all understand! I feel that way quite often:)

suzspeaks said...

I totally understand too! I agree w/ Gena's comment!

We actually didn't make it to church last night because Jax had a breakdown on the WAY to church!!!