July 28, 2008

My Dream Guy......


Or should I say FORMER dream guy!! I love Matthew McConaughey!!! Love him. Even after the rumors that he doesn't wear deodorant I had moved past that. It could have worked out....until I read this......


Matthew McConaughey: Actor. Surfer. Delivery room DJ. "We found a great rhythm. Contractions started kicking in. I sat there with her, right between her legs," the actor drawls to OK! of coaching Camila Alves through the birth of their son, Levi, who arrived on July 7. "We got tribal on it, we danced to it! I was DJ-ing this Brazilian music ... We were jamming! She was sweating. No painkiller, let's go. She just clicked into that gear that only a woman has at a time like this." Not surprisingly, the epically easygoing McConaughey remained even-keeled during the birth. "We'd been up for 40-something hours, and we went from dead tired to a really steadfast, 'Let's handle this ... let's stay in the rhythm. Don't let the contraction be more than you,'" he tells the mag, which reportedly shelled out $3 million for the first photos of button-cute Levi." Matthew says Camila wanted a natural childbirth but had to get the drugs when complications arose. "We ended up having an epidural because, on the large contractions, the umbilical cord was being compressed," explains the star, who apparently didn't get popped in the nose by Alves for using the plural when talking about receiving pain medication during childbirth. "They went in and tried the vacuum. This is where I learned -- and no one tells you this -- but having a baby is a bloody, pukey, sweaty, primeval thing! And I mean that as a beautiful thing. It is wild. But the vacuum didn't work, and the doctor said, 'C-section.'" McConaughey, who cut the umbilical cord, also recounts the moment he learned they'd had a son (the couple decided not to find out the gender beforehand). "I said, 'Come here, little man,'" he shares. "I saw the pecker and screamed that we'd been right all along about him being a boy. Then I brought him over to [Camila]." Levi already has his very first wet suit, adds his dad, who jokes that he'll "be surfing next weekend."


It's over Matt!!!! You're a freak. A very hot freak....but still a freak!!!

2 comments:

jenn b said...

I'm with ya girl! My facebook page USED to say anything with matthew mcconaghey in it for favorite movies but he's gotten full enough of himself for the both of us over the last few years!!! But, have you seen A Time to Kill or Newton Boys? Dreamy!!! Those were the good old Matthew days! ;)

ME said...

Hilarious! I was reading it outloud to Jeremy and had to stop because I was crying...tears streaming! Remember the good ole days when we would get tribal on it?!?