June 30, 2008

Rehearsal Dinner


Eight years ago today was my rehearsal dinner, the night before the "big day". We were married July 1, 2000. (DJ loves it cuz he doesn't have to think about how long we've been married he just has to know what year it is, and he's safe!) So...back to my story....
We were having our rehearsal at MRCC and then dinner at Pepperoni Grill. We were supposed to get started at 6. Everyone was there. My family, the wedding party, the light guy, sound guy, video guy, coordinator, grandparents, and preacher. We're ready to rock and roll. But wait....where's my groom? Not there! Where's his brother? Not there!! Where are his parents? NOT THERE!
6:10 laughing with everyone about him "standing me up"
6:20 not laughing anymore
6:22........pacing!
6:25 pacing faster
6:35 dad is now pacing
6:37 mom asks "do you think something has happened to them"
6:37 dad tells mom to shut up
6:38 karyn is about to cry
6:39 karyn checks cell phone, no calls!
6:45 coordinator says "maybe we should start without him"
6:46 karyn says, "really? no groom, sure, let's just do it without him, i am sure tomorrow i can drag his dead corpse down the aisle with me"
6:49 dad is standing in parking lot thinking "am i going to get any of this money back?"
7:04 dj strolls in, in true dj fashion! giving high fives to his "buddies"
7:04 karyn stands in the back of church and looks like the girl from the exorcist, you know the one who's head spins around
7:05 dj sees karyns and nods are her, as if to say "hey what's up!"
7:05 karyns head is still spinning
7:06 he comes back to her to say his dad ran out of gas, and he and his brother had to go and get them
7:07 karyn is considering the dead corpse again
7:07 he says "i'm sorry babe, i'm a freakin idiot! stupid, stupid damon!! i hate myself! you're wonderful and smart, i can't live my life without you, now marry me already!"
7:08 karyn wakes up
7:08 dj REALLY says, "hello, let's go, their waiting on us"
and that, my friends, is the REST of the story!
Thanks DJ for 8 wonderful years. Eight scary, fun, angry, wild, silly, interesting and amzaing years!! I love you!

2 comments:

suzspeaks said...

Happy Anniversary!!!

Lesley said...

Happy Anniversary! I love you guys and I am so glad you all are in our lives!