May 2, 2008

Immunization Battle


I had to take Addy yesterday for her 2 year check-up and shots, apparently I forgot her 18 month check-up so we had to get a shot for that too. (Punishing her for my poor parenting, so terrible!) So everything looks great, then the nurse comes back with her little plastic basket. Lily's eyes got big and she said "who's that for?" The nurse smiled and said, "your sister." Lily is such a sweet hearted child, she responds with "GREAT, can I have a sticker too?"
Addy is leery of the nurse and her little basket. She reluctantly lays back on the table, and we hand her a sucker. Now this is the point where Damon steps in to hold her down. Where is Damon? On a job. This is my first appointment where my child got shots and I was alone. His job has always been to hold them down. Then they scream, he kisses them once, and I get to come in and save the day and be the hero and take them away from all the pain. I had to be the enemy. I don't like being the enemy.

We walked out of the office with 3 Band-Aids (only needed 2, but ya know how that goes) and she saw a "copter" in the sky, so all was well.

On a side note they say if you double their height at 2, that is "supposedly" how tall they will be when they are grown. Addy's came to 5'9.5, and they looked back at Lily's chart and hers was 5'10....................... CRAP, my kids are going to be taller than me in like 3rd grade!

3 comments:

Heather said...

Join the crowd---I don't stand a chance to remain taller than my children! Ha ha!
Good job on being the enemy--sounds like it went just fine!

Elizabeth Mullins said...

Hey can I get your email address so I can send you your login info?

Micah and Tara Hobbs said...

Micah is usually with me when the kids get shots. Kaison get so many for his asthma/bronchitis that he doesn't even cry anymore. He just growled at the nurse last time. He is such a trooper.