July 31, 2009

Safety First

You can never be too safe these days, this coming from a woman that posts pictures of her children on the world wide web for every freak to see.

So we went to the Zoo a week ago and we saw this family and I immediately thought "this is blog worthy." It took me 30 min of stalking them to finally get a picture I felt like I could post without breaking privacy laws or something. Their kids were all in orange t-shirts and each had their name written on the front of the shirt with black magic marker. The back, had the families cell phone number written on it, so if the kid got lost the parents would be called. Funny at first, but then I thought....well safety first.

Notice Lily....


I literally shoved her in front of this tree to get a picture and then quickly turned to get the picture of the family....so sad. I use my own kids as lures to get blog material. Disturbing, I know.

I did snap some cute pics of my own family. Not orange-shirt-with-name-and-phone-number-cute....but still cute.

6 comments:

ME said...

I suffer from paranoia...I always heard you were supposed to cover up their names (if on a shirt or backpack or whatever) so strangers wouldn't pretend to know them...so is the name on the shirt really a good idea? Also, I bet you prank called them didn't you?

Elizabeth Mullins said...

That is a great picture of you and Damon!~

Unknown said...

Found online: tattoos you can put on your kid with important info like name and phone. Why not do that with sharpie? Just write it on their inner arm...

Mandy said...

I agree with ME,I don't think that is very safe! Just teach your kids your phone number.

Kayla said...

That is hilarious...Very cute pic of the girls and you two!

Wa Wa Waughs said...

Oh, totally unrelated zoo story: I'll never forget the time we were following a family through the zoo and the parents were getting on to their little girl: "Jealousy, stop that! Jealousy!!!" We were just cracking up that someone would name their kid JEALOUSY!

So I guess you enjoy people watchin as much as we do!