July 23, 2009

Random Thursday Performance - Next Show at 11

I love to catch people doing stupid things when they don't know they're being watched. You know when you pull up at the stop light and the guy has a finger crammed up his nose, or there's a lady changing pantyhose in a parking lot (oh wait, I think I did that once), you know embarrassing stuff like that.

Well today I'm walking through $ Tree (I love the DollarTree, humiliation can't even take that love away) and I catch a glimpse of this 20 year old guy on the toy aisle with a baton....he's twirling it! And he has one hand on his hip, like he's in a show....I stop.

I have to go back.

I need to see more. I turned back, and caught him (I wish I knew the official name for it, but I don't) he had a leg out, arm up and was twirling his heart away....it was great. I considered clapping, but once he saw me he threw it down, coughed and walked away. Dude, you were doing a twirling routine at the Dollar Tree in El Reno at noon...come'on BE PROUD, this is your time to shine.

On a family note...we went to the Zoo Saturday. I was talking to the Giraffe, you know..."Hi Mr. Giraffe, how are you today??" Lily looked at me, rolled her eyes, and said "mom you're talking to a giraffe, how lame."

My 6 year old called me lame! Seriously!!! You think THAT'S lame kid, oh I'll show you lame....you just wait. You'll be 14 sittin' with your friends sippin' a snocone and here comes your mom twirling a baton she bought from the $ Tree......it'll happen, you just wait.

5 comments:

Gena said...

I can see it now. Having bathtub pictures taped to your clothes while twirling couldn't hurt. You're in for it.

Unknown said...

a great find for panda fanatic!
my roommate and i LOVE this bag
hkpanda.freetzi.com

Wa Wa Waughs said...

I can see it too! You get used to the response from your kids.....

I see the panda lady got you too! Weird.

jenn b said...

I just had to read the part about the baton twirler to Cory. He's cringing and laughing at the same time. I can just see it! Having grown up in Yukon, I can vouch for the oddities that can be found in El Reno!!

Jaime said...

That is too funny! Beck's current insult to me is, "mom, you are so boring." I am sure "lame" is coming.