January 6, 2011

Easy Bake = Pain in my...

...well, you know.

The American Girl doll marketing people are just flat out genius.

Those Play-Doh guys keep coming up with new and inventive ways for us to squish and mold that junk into fun, cool shapes.

Crayola, they're no dummies. Things get old, they just make-up a new color......who doesn't want to color with some jazzberry jam & mango tango!?

But these Easy Bake people are down-right crooked I tell ya, crooked.


Santa brought an Easy Bake oven to our house this year. Santa probably shouldn't get up at 2:40 AM the morning after Thanksgiving and go shop for toys for kids. He makes quick decisions and doesn't take time to think thru what he's doing!

After we searched over town to find the correct 100 watt bulb for the device the stirring and spraying and pouring and scrapping and waiting and asking "is it ready yet?" began.

Oh they were proud. They loved it. Couldn't get enough. I, however, had enough seconds after I opened the box.

The cakes on the box look normal. They look large enough to share with your sister, but they're not. You have to make two cakes. Mixes that cost $6.99 for a kit. Crooked. (Betty Crocker cake mix, Wal-Mart $.97 box. A full cake, enough cake to feed your sister, your neighbor, your neighbors sister, plus some.)

They were slightly thrilled. Lily's eye was twitching with excitement!

Delish. I have never seen Rachel Ray licking the palm of her hand in the middle of her cooking show. We need to continue to work on etiquette, I see.

But, giiiirrrl, you gotta try this cake...it's the bomb. Fo' shizzle! (Yes, I had to look up fo' shizzle in the Urban Dictionary.)

6 comments:

Sarah said...

We got an Easy Bake oven as well this year. So far we have had a layered cake every day. haha

If you look online you can find the recipes for cakes, cookies, and even pizza crust to make in it. We have about 400 little snack size bags with pre-portioned amounts and instructions labeled on. (Our Grammy did us right!) It is SO much cheaper and easier!!!

kj said...

We need us a GRAMMY!!!!!! ; )

Heather said...

Yep---I buy regular cake mix and make our own! I don't buy the Easy Bake packages! Google it girl. And, yes, I told you Easy Baking is fun. Sorry.

Wa Wa Waughs said...

Wow, good ideas! I remember going thru this too, but my girl got tired of the L O N G baking times with the light bulb. Does it still take forever to bake?/?

Alyssa said...

I'd like to invite myself over to play.

Chellie said...

http://www.budget101.com/frugal/easy-bake-oven-mixes-187/
i googled it for you. Homemade recipes are the way to go