November 22, 2010

Click it, or Ticket!

I think DJ and I can say, without a doubt, that we have successfully drilled into our children's heads the rule that wearing seat belts is a must!

I was driving with the girls yesterday and while stopped at the stop light, we look over and see that the SUV next to us has two little blonde-headed girls jumping around the backseat seat belt-less!

My girls immediately notice the situation, and began to comment...

Lily, "Wow-they're not wearing seat belts, their dad must NOT care about them!"

Addy, "They're going to fly right thru the windshield."

Lily, "And probably, they're going to die."

Addy, "Then, the po-leece man will come - and their daddy will go to jail."

Seat belt safety - CHECK!
Now, back to the parent guide to see what's NEXT on our agenda...

4 comments:

Alyssa said...

Those are good girls. Do you know the "buckle-up" song? I'll sing it for you sometime...it's a winner. I taught Lily in Bible class yesterday...her class is SO good!

Gena said...

Alyssa, you know all of the nerdy songs. I would expect no less of you!

Lesley said...

i have some pencils or stickers or something that says click it or ticket that you can hand out!

Mrs. Adams said...

How about getting a seatbelt ticket from a motorcycle cop. lol