September 14, 2010

My Little Entrepreneur

Lily's elementary school collects donations for their school fundraiser.

What does this mean?

It means I don't have to pedal through town with cookie dough, candy bars, or wrapping paper in my trunk and deliver it to people! For that, I am thankful. But cash donations are tricky. I didn't care for the fact that she was going to just "ask for money". She wants to collect money so she can be in the drawing to win some prizes, but just asking for cash didn't work for me! Her personal goal was to raise $120. (No clue where that amount came from!) She also thinks that this magic total will catapult her to "top girl seller" in the school and she'll win a laptop. She is so young to have her dreams crushed.

So...to reach her goal, she began crafting....



She created these darling frames with a die cut cross in them. She then decorated them with words like; love, faith, joy, peace....they turned out pretty cute! (MiMi footed the bill for the $Tree frames, thanks MiMi!)
She sold several to friends at church, and GiGi & MiMi, of course! So far she's made 7 frames, and has collected $87 towards her goal!

Not bad kid, not bad.

Dear parent that drives the Lamborghini at our school,
Please don't write your kid a check for $5000 and totally crush my kids chance at being the "top girl seller." It apparently means a lot to her. Oh, and your car is kinda ugly if you ask me.
Thanks,
Lady that drives the burgundy dinged up Altima.

5 comments:

Wa Wa Waughs said...

I got the pink zebra one! Great job!

Emily said...

Those are so cute and I would totally buy one!

In the days when I used to be a third grade teacher, there was a kid at the school who won everything. Most books read, most math problems done, whatever it was...SHE ALWAYS WON. And it drove me so insane. During the fundraiser she got second place, behind a kid in my class. I was so proud of him for pounding her into the ground.

Ah, school spirit.

Kayla said...

Way to go Lily!!!!

Lesley said...

She takes after her mama!! I LOVE LOVE LOVE my frame! Our kids are raising money for our school also. Thanks KJ, now I gotta get crafty cause canton saw Lily selling hers. he's ran hundreds of ideas by me. *sigh* i'm thinking of selling the popsicles like they did at the walk for hope! that was a huge hit!

suzspeaks said...

I'm impressed!! Way to go Lily!