November 9, 2009

3 things...

1. I need to post a picture so my sweet Nana will keep reading my blog.


This is DJ and the girls with Grandpa Johnson, aka "Silly Grandpa." We had a great visit with him while he was here and we wish he was closer, or we were closer to him...and the BEACH!


2. Yesterday we had to attend late service due to Lily having a 8:00 AM soccer game. First tournament for Lily and they rocked it! They only played one team their age (beat them), then the other 3 teams they played were older (7 & 8 year old girls)!! We were so proud of them. Won one, lost one, tied 2!!! GO Pink Panthers!

So back to the church service. I like my early morning crack-of-dawn service better! BUT, I did get to see many people I don't usually see, since we attend mega-church. One friends son, not naming names, had taken markers and stacked them on top of each other making a wand/sword that he was waving around with pride. She had stopped him several times, so it was entertaining . Anyway, her son almost clocked a man in the head once and she grabbed that Crayola Washable wand just in time to stop him from making contact. DANG IT! That would have been one fabulous blog post to read. YES I wanted the sweet little man to get hit just so I could read a blog post about it. (Silence.) Wow, this is an all time low. I guess the first step is admitting I have a problem.


3. I signed up to host BK (Brother's Keepers group at church. It's a group of people that get together monthly to eat and visit) back in January. Not knowing at the time that it would be the same weekend I had 5 soccer games to attend. Needless to say our bedroom door was locked!!! YIKES!
Our BK leader found out last minute that the people that were signed up to bring drinks weren't coming, so she grabbed some cherry limeade Crystal Light packets and some pitchers and brought those over. Thank goodness we had something! Our group was there and all the men were in the living room watching football, while us ladies were in the kitchen. Being a fab hostess, I went in to ask the guys what they wanted to drink (one of the guys was our class elder, Max Dobson). I started listing off all the drink options...."We've got water, lemonade, some Pepsi and some cherry...you know...mixed drink.... OH no....not mixed drink, mixed drink.....(laughing and turning bright red)...I mean you know....oh the...red powder stuff..." I'm not sure how long I went on, Max said "uh-hu, let me get out my tape recorder and document this." Great. I just jump from one eldership prayer list to another!

4 comments:

Wa Wa Waughs said...

LOL...but that's why we sit up front, so we won't be distracted...wish I could've seen Max's face when you offered the mixed drink!

Elizabeth Mullins said...

I love it! Max, is the best person to say stuff like that to. Thanks again for your help in Bible class...next time you CAN tell me no!!!

Gena said...

You are so funny. I debated on the stackable marker option as a toy during church. For several minutes it was a choo-choo (right before it became a wand) I about died. I'm glad the scenario made it on some blog somewhere. And I've been missing yours by the way!

Andy Jacobsen said...

I miss Coach Dobson!