February 14, 2011

V stands for....

V stands for VERY NORMAL DAY

Today I left for work and whispered to my husband (who was still in bed), "Happy Valentine's Day, I love you." He sleepily responded, "I love you too." Then I said, "Don't forget the chips for Addy's party."

Two hours later, I get a text. (Secretly, I'm thinking it's going to say - Honey I love you I hope you have a wonderful Valentine's Day, you're my everything.)

It says, I forgot the chips.

DJ's not shy to tell anyone that he doesn't believe in Valentine's Day. He loves me. Period. He knows that. I know that. So our Valentine's days are just normal days.

Like today...my valentine lunch consisted of me eating some tuna fish at my desk and then going and having my eyebrows waxed by a little Asian man named Juan. Totally normal.

Happy V Day.

4 comments:

Wa Wa Waughs said...

we don't get too mushy either! I hate the expectation, don't you? So I understand. Although mine did do something different and unexpected this year. And I really didn't know what to do with it....it's 20 below zero around here lately! see my blog...

Kayla said...

Haha. We aren't big Valentine's people either. We definitely don't go out to eat that night.

Summer said...

ANdy got this lovely message for v-day: Dear ANdy, I have a terrible yeast infection. Happy Valentine's day. Love, me.

I like to surprise him.

Alyssa said...

Ditto. We have 365 days to show our love...not just one. I think it's nice he admitted he forgot the chips.